Is the PBDLD for Me?
To determine whether the Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Legislative Drafting is an appropriate choice, it may be helpful to ask yourself these questions:
- Do I have legal education or qualifications from a jurisdiction with a English Common Law tradition?
- Do I have
- A recognized law degree equivalent to an LL.B. or J.D. that entitles me to practice law in the jurisdiction in which the degree was granted, or
- approval of the Program Coordinator based on an assessment of other approved or recognized university or college degrees and a minimum of three years of previous, related work experience in drafting laws, policies, bylaws, regulations, or collective agreements, or comparable drafting duties.
- Will my current or planned career involve drafting of legislation or related documents?
- Am I willing and able to complete the program of individualized study within the time period allowed?
Updated November 06 2014 by Student & Academic Services